Monday, July 19, 2010

Pool Party - TAKE 1 -- What a hoot!!!

I truly could talk for days about our most recent experiences, but I'll try to keep it somewhat succinct.

When Sherri and I and the Tough Warrior Princess team got chosen for the New Balance documentary film, we had no idea what was involved. We didn't even realize we should be nervous. We were focused on the great team of women that we have and the cause... and for that we have passion, which makes it easy. I did start to get nervous when the film crew showed up for the shoot at the pool party for the team at my house. There were trucks and equipment and people everywhere. What?! My biggest fear was that we all might lose our unique personalities and more importantly our TEAM personality in front of cameras. When I found out we were being interviewed as a team all at once, I worried that we would lose our natural flow and humor -- we didn't!! We all support and admire each other so much and have such a good time together and I think that was more than apparent during filming. I think you can even see it in the pictures.

They interviewed Sherri and I together and that was great - it made me feel very at ease in discussing the team and answering the many questions that were thrown our way.  Mike and Sherri's husband, Andy were both interviewed. I missed seeing both of those interviews, but would love to see the footage. Yes, Mike and Andy are available to sign autographs!

The reason for the pool party was for all of our children and husbands that didn't know each other to get better acquainted. I think that happened. The kids made posters and crowns that will be brought with them along the route to cheer us on. They all swam and we all played volleyball. For the most part I think we all forgot about the camera's that were following us around and just had a great time. It was surreal. I am so grateful for such a unique experience.

We are down to the wire - the bus picks us up at 3:45 a.m. on Friday morning to head to Framingham for the start of the walk. (Alexa and Dylan the Youth Corp. volunteers have to arrive in Framingham at 4:00 a.m. so they can't even be on the team bus.) It will be the 10 Princesses and the film crew. Luckily, the film crew is fun! We are looking forward to having them along for our walking journey. We have made some new friends and two beautiful young women from the companies' involved in the filming process have decided to create a team and do the walk next year!!!

There is nothing better than knowing you may have made a difference. I intend to do this walk every year - until a cure is found. If I had been diagnosed with the agressive type of cancer that I have - HER2 breast cancer - 10 years ago, before a drug called herceptin was developed, I would have a much lesser chance at survival. I personally know how important funding is to keep progress moving. My mom didn't have that chance. I want my daughters to have the best chance. I see the progress being made in the trial drugs being offered - which our teammate, Maurine's, life depends on.

Thank you for taking the time to follow my journey and for all the incredible support!

If you are interested in coming in to a cheering station or for closing ceremonies - follow this link for information.  http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BO_Spectator

The film crew intends to film at two specific stations during the event and will be looking for our families and friends:

FRIDAY - 
 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.  (Can't pinpoint exact time)
St. Paul's Church
502 Washington St.
Wellesley MA 02482

SUNDAY -

8:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.

Cambridge City Hall
795 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139

Closing Ceremonies -
Sunday, July 25


5:00 p.m.
University of Massachusetts
100 William T Morrissey Blvd.
Dorchester, MA 02125

No comments:

Post a Comment